Monday 16 April 2012

Final Magazine Ad

Today I FINALLY managed to finish the magazine advert. I got some feedback from my Media teacher on the advert and he said:

This is an example a past student's wor
  • There was no point of the multi layering because he said to create a shadow-like effect, but it didn't work.
  • The font was also weak, since it made the magazine advert look like that it was made in Publisher.
  • He also mentioned that it looked like no research had been done, despite looking at a number of magazine adverts including some made by past students. Linking in with this, it's quite hard to find magazine adverts aimed at a female audience.
  • www. should never be used in 2012.
  • Unrealistic reviews.
  • Weak layout.
  • No price tag or Twitter/Facebook logos.


So putting this feedback into mind, created a new magazine ad. My teacher wanted me to put an image from the video in the area where the sky is, so I got a shot of the boyfriend and girlfriend walking down a path. I used the background eraser and quick selection brush tools to delete segments of the background of the picture. 

Afterwards, I decreased the opacity and saturation quality so that it blends in with the poster. I also changed the tour dates by adding 2012 at the end of them and making the locations UK based. I also made the font pink so that it would appeal to a female target audience. Lastly a picture of the digipak's front cover can be seen as well so the public know what the product looks like.

FINAL Magazine Advert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure all comments are appropriate before publication all comments are vetted before publication.